.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Sunday 1 June 2014

Owl Challenge

Well here is my little creation for the folks over at Artful Times. The challenge this time is 'Owls'.

I started with a 5x7" canvas and attached some backing paper.

I don't have any owl stamps or images, so looking through my stamps I found 2 Clarity Stamps that I had'nt used for a while.

The first one is a 1.5" thin strip consisting of small flowers and leaves and has a slight curve, so I stamped several times a outline of the owl.

I nearly scrapped it at this stage as the body looked a little rotund, but I thought he has just had his dinner so he will look a little fat!!

For the ears I used a decorative corner stamp again from Clarity. I drew his beak with a red fountain pen and added his feet and some branches using my black micron pen.

I have some Creative Expressions Dazzlers, so I used these for his eyes, to finish I attached some Woodware self adhesive decorative lace.

Using some white acrylic paint, I dipped the edge of some cardboard and stamped some lines on the right hand side.

Really glad I took part in this challenge, hope you like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment