.. aesthetically described as one of beauty that is 'imperfect', 'impermanent' and 'incomplete'.

Monday 9 May 2016

Stencils

This month the challenge is use a stencil over at Country View Challenges


I started off with a canvas board and painted using Cosmic Shimmer chalk paints, chalkboard and slate grey. I used the Dylusions stencil diamond border and some texture paste to create the diamond pattern. After this was dry I oversprayed the board with Dylusions ink spray in white linen.


The fabric was dyed using watercolours, I used the Memory Box stencil called Rings and Puddles, and Pebeo Acrylic paint called Iridescent Precious Gold to create the circles. I cut up the fabric into 3 sections and hand stitched them together.


The photograph is of our cow called Grace, a 4 year old Jersey. I printed this off in black and white and used the Memory Box stencil with some Cosmic Shimmer metallic gilding paste in Ocean Teal.

The fabric and photo all glued into place on the board.


I like it more than just a photo frame to display a member of the family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment